When to see a Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist
There are many reasons a person will see a PM&R specialist. These include:
- An accident, injury or chronic condition that causes pain or limits function.
- Sports-related injuries or injury prevention.
- Recovery from surgery or alternatives to surgery.
- An illness or treatment for an illness causing decreased energy, limited movement or the inability to be active.
- A stroke, nerve damage or nerve problems.
- Chronic pain from arthritis, a repetitive stress injury, or back problems.
- Excess weight making it difficult to exercise or that is causing health problems.
- Age-related disability or limitations.
- When life changes such as childbirth or menopause create new challenges for physical function.
Disorders often treated by PM&R physicians:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Sports injuries
- Industrial/work injuries
- Herniated disc
- Pinched nerve
- Brain injury
The Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation specialists at Oakland Regional Hospital focus on the prevention, diagnosis, and non-surgical treatment of disorders that cause impaired movement. If you are experiencing pain, discomfort, or a decrease in function, click below to make an appointment for a consultation. Or, call the Appointment Hotline at 248-423-8484.