Diagnostic and Treatment
Depending on your individual needs, your Oakland Regional Hospital PM&R specialist will work with you and the entire treatment team to develop a plan to diagnose and treat your condition. Diagnostic and treatment strategies can include:
- EMG (electromyography) to distinguish whether weakness is due to muscle or nerve dysfunction.
- NCS (nerve conduction studies) to help determine the location of nerve damage.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound to evaluate soft tissue abnormalities.
- Peripheral joint injections to help diagnose and treat bone and soft tissue disorders.
- Trigger point injections to relieve pain and boost the effectiveness of exercise and physical therapy.
- Spasticity management for central nervous system issues related to conditions such as stroke, cerebral palsy or injuries. The goal is to improve function and decrease pain.
- Interventional spinal therapeutics to relieve back pain and nerve weakness, numbness, or difficulty controlling specific muscles.
- Exercise programs designed specifically for your needs and abilities.
- Pain management strategies.
- Other treatment options to decrease pain and improve function, depending on individual patient needs and conditions.
The Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation specialists at Oakland Regional Hospital focus on the prevention, diagnosis, and non-surgical treatment of disorders that cause impaired movement. If you are experiencing pain, discomfort, or a decrease in function, click below to make an appointment for a consultation. Or, call the Appointment Hotline at 248-423-8484