Your medical records are confidential documents. Therefore, your written authorization is required before a copy can be released to you.
To obtain a copy of your medical records, please complete and sign the Authorization For Access/Release of Information form.
(NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer in order to read the PDF files that contain the forms.)
To expedite the request process, please make sure to include the following information on the request form:
- The patient’s full name, the patient’s date of birth, current address, phone number, date(s) of service at Oakland Regional Hospital, Oakland Nursing Center or Oakland Regional Macomb Center.
- Please be sure to specify the information you are requesting. (For example: Operative Report(s), Radiological Report(s), Lab Result(s), etc.)
- Return the completed form to the Medical Record Department either by fax or mail.
Our Fax Number: 248-423-5177
Additional important information:
- There may be a per page copy fee as determined by the State of Michigan.
- All requests are processed by a third party copy service – Bactes Imaging.
- For a standard request, you should expect a 5 – 7 business day turn around time. Special requests and records stored offsite will take longer to process.
- Please feel free to call the Medical Record Department directly at 248-423-5171, (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.), if you have further questions.
- To check on the status of a request that has already been submitted, call 1-800-560-3800, extension #2.
Create your own personal health record at www.myphr.com